Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Salt & Vinegar Cucumbers


This is one of my favorite things to make with cucumbers.  Side note, I have always hated cucumbers, and this is the only way i could ever eat them.  But something changed during my first pregnancy where I was able to actually eat them.  I still don't love them, by any means, but I can tolerate them now.  These always remind me of a good friend growing up, although they would make them with white vinegar.  However you like them, they are always a nice refreshing summer treat.

3/4 c. Apple Cider Vinegar

2 c. water
1 Tbsp Salt
3 whole peppercorns
2 english cucumbers

Cut the cucumber into the thickness you like.  I like them a little thicker, it just depends how you like them.  In a seperate bowl, mix together vinegar, water and salt.  Put the cucumbers and the vinegar mixture into an airtight container.  Add the peppercorns, or freshly ground pepper.  Let refridgerate for several hours or overnight till cucumbers have absorbed the full flavor of the vinegar mixture.


You can even save the vinegar mixture once the cucumbers are gone and add another batch of cucumbers to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment