Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Oven-Dried Apple's

I am constantly needing snacks for myself and my boys.  I always need healthy things that we can take on the go.  When I came across this recipe I thought I had to make it.  I used my apple peeler and sliced up the apples in about 10 minutes.  I put them in the oven in the morning, let them cook all day, then left them in the oven overnight, and Voila! they were amazingly delicious in the morning! My kids and their friends tested them today, and they all wanted more! It doesn't get much more easy than that!  The Jello turns these a bright color that make them look so pretty, and taste great.


Oven Baked Apple Chips

Ingredients:
apples
optional: Fruit flavored Jello (I used peach and strawberry)
optional: cinnamon sugar
Instructions
Slice apples in uniformly thin slices (1/8 of an inch or less) and place on a parchment or silicone baking mat lined baking sheet in an even layer.  Slices can touch each other, but try not to overlap.  Fit as many apples on a sheet as you can (they shrink a lot!)  If desired sprinkle with cinnamon and gently rub in.  Alternately you can sprinkle with dry fruit flavored jello (I did one pan of each kind).
Bake apples at 170 for 6-8 hours, until dry and slightly shriveled, and curled up around edges.  Turn off oven and leave door shut until completely cooled.  Remove apples from baking sheet and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment